Do you need to separate your dog from certain areas of the house. Perhaps you have new puppy or new baby? Or does pooch not understand that he doesn't have free run of the house yet? If you are looking for the best dog gates for the house you have come to the right place.
There is a huge selection of gates that are suitable for different situations, houses and dogs. You may need a walk-thru style, extra tall , extra-wide , auto-closing .... here are the 7 best dog gates for the house that we have found for different situations.
1. Best selling walk through gate
The best selling gate to keep dogs out of rooms is the Regalo walk-thru gate. This is often pressure mounted top and bottom on each side with a swing door that still lets you walk through.
This gate features:
- Easy to install and remove pressure mounted sides, no screwing into walls required
- Fits opening between 29-39 inches wide. Width at the top or bottom can vary to accommodate mouldings
- Can be used at top of stairs if included wall cups are utilized to more firmly affix gate
- The gate is 30" tall with bar spacing of 2.5 ". There is a narrow space of 4 " at the wall before it angles to the 2.5" width
- 16" wide swing door with lever style handle. Has an easy one touch release safety lock
- Perfect for doorways and staircases
- Convenient walk through and durable steel design
- Certified by Juvenile Products Manufactures Association
2. Wide standard dog gate for the house
So, not all doorways are the same size. You may also not have a doorway and need to block off a hallway to stop you dog getting to the other end of the house. The Regalo Etra-Wide Span Gate and Extension kits will give you a full 60" wide gate for wider openings.
- Pressure mounted - Easy to install and remove
- Expands 29 - 34 inches wider, includes a 6, 8, 12 inch wide extension kits for opening sup to 60 inches wide.
- Lever style handle with safety lock offers an easy one touch release
- Convenient walk through and durable steel design
- The gate is 30 inches tall with bar spacings of 2.5"
- Juvenile Products Manufactures Association certified; Great for Pets too!
3. Super extra wide dog gates for the house
Do you need to separate rooms and have open plan living ? With this Regalo Super Wide Gate you can also create large area for your dog to play or increase the area that your puppy grows or separate children and dogs if one of them is getting too excited.
- Includes 8 removable and configurable panels that enclose 19 sq. feet
- Expands to become a 192-inch wall mounted gate or free standing barrier
- Convenient walk through design with safety locking feature
- Folds down for easy set up and storage ; All steel durable design
- Juvenile Product Association Certified ; Great for pet too!
4. Tall dog gate for larger dogs
- Walk through design with hard-wood inserts and premium finish
- This gate stands 38" tall for added security
- Expands to fit openings from 29 to 44" wide, pressure mounted
- Features easy close handle, simply push the door closed
- American society for testing and materials certified
5. Decorative dog gate for the house
The Summer Infant Stylish&Secure Extra Tall Decorative walk thru gate is a stylish easy to use gate.
The Stylish&Secure Extra Tall Decorative Walk-Thru Gate can be used between rooms or at the top or bottom of stairs with included mounting hardware. For your convenience, the gate offers one-handed operation and auto-closure.
- Pressure mounted installation for use between rooms with optional hardware mounts included for installation on stairways
- 36" tall gate fits openings 28-48" wide
- Dual locking, auto-close walk through door
- Removable door stopper for use at top of stairs, prevents gate from opening towards staircase
- Bronze metal finish
6. Dog gate for the house with a cat door
Do you need to keep the dog out but allow the cat to still move around the house? Then the Carlson Walk through gate with cat flap might be the one you need.
- This gate is for openings in your house ranging from 29 to 44 inches.
- With 4-inch and 6-inch extension kits
- The walk-through design features a
- One-touch release handle
- A 10-by-7-inch pet door lets small animals pass through while everyone else stays put.
7. Best wooden freestanding dog gate for the house
This is a beautiful wooden pet gate to have in your home. It's low height allows you to simply step over with ease! Side panels are designed to keep the gate from tipping over. The rubber feet keep it from sliding on hard floor surfaces.
- Freestanding gate with side panels for safely confining pets
- Beautiful hardwood construction
- No installation necessary; adjustable width from 39.8 to 71.3 inches
- Wide base prevents tipping; rubber feet protect floors; folds for storing
- Low enough for people to stride over; beautiful hardwood finish
- Measures 39.8 to 71.3 by 17.7 by 20.1 inches
- Recommended for small dogs 6.5 to 17.5 lbs (3-8 kg)
Dog gate accessories - Wall Saver
The Wall Saver's over-sized pad spreads pressure over a much larger surface area to minimizing the possibility of damage to your walls. The Dog Gate Wall Saver works on all pressure mounted Walk-Through Gates.
- Easy Fast Installation, No Tools Required
- Oversized Pad Protects Walls, Large Surface Area Makes For More Stable Installation
- Use on Top Spindles Only - Not Needed on Doorways With Doors Installed
- Gate Not Included - 1 Pack Per Gate -
- 5/8" Pad Equalizes Distance From The Top to Bottom of Gate